If you’ve been hanging around the beauty blogosphere, or even the blogosphere in general, you’ve probably come across the Liebster Award. The point of the Liebster Award (which is sort of like a blog-style chain letter, and kind of reminds me of those surveys we all used to do on Livejournal, circa 2001. I miss those days…) is to help promote blogs with small readerships (less than 200 followers). And what do you know, that’s me. Although, excitingly enough, I have almost 200 followers on Twitter… but since a lot of those are businesses and/or PR things, they don’t count. I’m a Liebster, bitch. Yes? No? … Whatever.
The lovely Bonny from Over Stuffed was kind enough to nominate me. (Her blog is awesome, so go check it out ASAP.) So now I get to spit some facts at y’all and answer some questions. Then I get to pick 11 bloggers to follow suit. This is the hardest part for me… I’d like to nominate a TON of bloggers, and I have no idea who has less than 200 readers. So I’m just going to pick some of my favorites. If you’ve already been nominated, if you have a lot more readers, or you just don’t give a shit, I apologize. Here goes.
-Each person must post 11 things about themselves
-Answer the questions that the nominator set for you plus create 11 questions for your nominees
-Choose 11 people and link them in your post
-Go to their page and tell them
-No tag backs!
11 Random Facts:
1. I am a natural blonde. It’s true. But I’ve been a dark redhead/brunette since I was 16, with a few blonde pixie-cut mistakes here and there.
2. I’m really Minnesotan. As Scandinavian as they come, at 75% Norwegian and 25% Danish. I have an accent that gets ripped apart down here in Texas. Some find it endearing. But if one more person comments on how I elongate my vowels, I swear… in any case, I am trying hard to adapt, y’all.
3. I am the proud mother to the World’s Cutest Kitten in the World (WCKW). I did not give birth to her, no. But she is precious and she is mine. Behold. (And please ignore crappy Instagram quality.)
4. I’m a photographer by trade. I went to school for it and I have a Bachelor’s degree. I specialize in fashion, but there’s not really a market for that here in good ol’ Lubbock. Luckily I’m pretty decent at portraiture, and anything with people, apart from weddings. Those are just hectic, stressful, and not enjoyable.
5. I met my boyfriend online through a mutual online friend. We’ve been together for a little over two years, and he’s the reason I live in Texas now. Living in a dustbowl for someone = true love.
6. I love traveling. I’ve been to most of the continental US, Canada, Mexico, Belize, Honduras, Germany, France, the Netherlands, England, Switzerland… and some others I can’t recall. I haven’t been out of the country in far too long… the wanderlust bug is biting hard. Right now I just want to go on a roadtrip to New Mexico…
7. I like all kinds of music. When someone asks me what my favorite artist is, I never have an answer. I love being introduced to new things, so hit me up if you have any recommendations! Check out my last.fm.
8. I am a hardcore Minnesota Vikings fan and if you are a Green Bay Packers fan I automatically hate you. Just kidding. Sort of. But come on.
9. I used to live in Harlem, NYC. People have trouble believing that. I miss it. I miss New York in general. Mostly I miss sushi delivery and Chinatown fashion adventures. Wah.
10. I play orchestral flute, piccolo, and Native American flute. I also play a mean triangle. I have an electric guitar but apparently not the skill to learn it… yet.
11. I really, really hate odd numbers. This 11 thing is destroying me.
Questions from Bonny at Over Stuffed:
1. What is your favourite boutique or independent shop and why?
I haven’t been there since 2010, but there’s an NYC Chinatown boutique called Amsterdam on Canal Street. I’m assuming it’s still there. It’s typical Chinatown… cheap and not super high quality, but a lot of cute unique stuff. I miss it. There’s a similar boutique called Madness a few blocks away. Why can’t Lubbock have a Chinatown?
2. If you were an animal, what would you be?
Anything that can fly. Preferably something that travels. A Canadian Goose. I don’t know.
3. What is your favourite nail polish?
Currently my favorite is Malaga Wine by OPI. It’s a deep red that looks almost black in shadows, but under the light it’s more of a cherry. It is perfect.
4. If you could go on holiday anywhere, where would you go?
That’s tough. Somewhere I haven’t been before… Singapore. Indonesia. South Korea. North Korea (yep). Japan. Mongolia. New Zealand. Norway. Scotland. The Yukon. A private island somewhere.
5. What’s your favourite take away?
I’m not totally sure what take away means here. Take-out? Fast food? Not food at all? I’m going to go with take-out. Chinese. Sesame Chicken and House Fried Rice. Cream Cheese Wontons. Mu Shu Pork. Dumplings. Not all at once of course. Never…
6. Tea or coffee?
Honestly… neither. But if I had to choose, coffee. I despise tea. I’m not big on coffee, but I can handle an iced caramel latte.
7. What are you saving up for/lusting after most at the moment?
Nothing in particular. There are a bunch of expensive makeup things that I want, but… eh. Whatever’s currently on my Wishlist on the sidebar I guess.
8. What is your favourite blog you follow?
I have so many favorites! Way too many to list. I do have a guilty pleasure though… Xiaxue. Love her.
9. Do you do any crafts?
Not really. I’m so envious of everyone out there that can sew. Um. I like painting. Not that I’m any good at it…
10. Recommend a TV show that you think is brilliant
Ahhhh. Gossip Girl. Gossip Girl. Gossip Girl. I haven’t watched the 5th and final season yet, so if anyone spoils it for me I will break you. But if you haven’t watched it yet, go do so now.
11. Out of everywhere, where would you like to live?
Somewhere that is 65 degrees Fahrenheit every single day. Someplace where it rains and storms a lot. Somewhere with an ocean nearby. Suggestions? Find me my perfect place please. Thanks in advance.
My questions for nominees:
1. What’s your favorite color? Seriously.
2. What’s your favorite street makeup brand and product?
3. Who is your current favorite musician/band?
4. Where do you currently live, and where do you most want to go?
5. What made you start blogging?
6. What’s your favorite online clothing store? (Bonus points if they ship to the US.)
7. What’s your favorite recipe to cook/bake? Link if available!
8. What’s your skin type and daily skin care regime?
9. What’s your current occupation?
10. What’s your favorite season… and why?
11. Name something popular/trendy that you hate.
Qasrina from i want, i buy, i talk
Sheryll from The Wanderlust Project
Erinn from Enhance Your Natural Beauty for Less
Karin from Mignon Cerisé
Wanischa from Wanischa S
Minsooky from Minsooky
Sekar from Just a Blog
Corinne from skinnedcartree
Dannie from Beauty in Japan
Fannie from Blush Me Pretty
You! If you are reading this, feel free to participate! And please send me a link to your post, because I lovelovelove discovering new blogs! :)
Well, have at it. Again, apologies if you have over 200 followers or you’ve done it before.