I know that I said I’d be posting a new edition of My Boyfriend Reviews Fragrances, but it looks like I lied. We haven’t had time to get that finished, so I’m tentatively moving that to next week. Instead, you get a recipe, since I never seem to post those anymore now that I’m on this wheat-free diet. If you eat wheat, you will still like these. Promise. These are so easy to make… and oh so delicious. They also require only seven ingredients that you more than likely already have in your pantry/fridge. Perfect? Yes.
8oz cream cheese (softened)
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 cup chocolate chips (not pictured, oop)
1) First, preheat your oven to 350. Then throw all of your ingredients into a bowl. No particular order, just don’t make a mess.
2) Mix it up, for around 2 minutes on medium, or until everything looks nice, smooth and blended.
3) Like this.
4) Fold in the chocolate chips. This step can be optional if you don’t like chocolate (what is wrong with you). I personally think they add another level to these cookies, and you’d be a damn fool for passing them up.
5) Spoon the mix in dollops onto a non-greased cookie sheet. I try to keep them small, giving them plenty of space, as they spread out and flatten a lot. I bake maybe ten cookies per sheet.
6) Bake for 12-13 minutes, or until golden brown. Or if you’re me, keep them in just a touch longer so they get a little crispy on the bottom. I guess that would technically be considered slightly burnt, but whatever. These cookies have a different texture than grain-based cookies, and are super chewy and pliable. A nice little crisp factor balances it out for me.
I told you it was easy. Depending on what size you make these, you’ll get about 25-30 cookies. Or more or less. I think I got 28 this time.
Freshly baked cookie broken in half so you can see how moist and amazing they are. Are you hungry? Because now I am, and I think I’m going to go eat the rest of these. Don’t tell my boyfriend. It was the cat, I swear.
Also, I just realized my blog is a year old now! Giveaway coming soon… stay tuned.