I’m not sure there’s anything quite as comforting and satisfying as a pasta paired with a creamy sauce.
It’s been a long time since I’ve posted a recipe. I actually made this dish months ago–I’m currently trying a wheat-free diet, so it’s killing me to even post this now. Pasta, I miss you. Bread, I miss you. Did I mention it’s only been a week?
Anyway, I love red bell peppers, and I love pasta. I also love goat cheese, probably more than those first two things put together. This is one of my favorite pasta dishes to make, and it is SO SIMPLE. Just a handful of ingredients. The most time-consuming part is roasting the peppers and peeling/deseeding them. Apart from that, it is smooth sailing.
5-6 red bell peppers
6oz goat cheese (I always put in extra, because goat cheese is delicious)
1/2 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
Red pepper flakes
1) First things first, roast your peppers. I stick mine under the broiler until they’re mostly blackened. Something y’all should know is that I’m terrified of using the broiler because I have a tendency to mess things up and start fires. Lying about the fires part kinda but all the same, broiling is scary. So, anyway, roast those peppers.
Kinda black, kinda not. The blacker they are, the easier it is for the skin to be peeled off.
2) After roasting, put the peppers in a bowl and cover it with Saran wrap, letting them sit for 20-25 minutes.
3) Remove the skin, seeds and ribs from the peppers and put them into a food processor or blender.
4) Mmmmm. Blend until mostly smooth. I like having some pepper chunks in there for texture.
5) Add the goat cheese and continue blending until mixed thoroughly.
6) Pour into a saucepan and put the heat on medium-low. Once it starts simmering, add the cream and simmer for five more minutes.
7) Season to taste with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. I may or may not add red pepper flakes to everything. Deal with it.
8) Add the cooked pasta to the sauce and mix together.
9) Serve with Parmesan cheese sprinkled on top.
10) Enjoy. Because I can’t. I’m not bitter, I swear. Okay, I am.
I seriously wish I could eat this right now! I suppose I could make it with gluten-free noodles… I’d still feel guilty though. This whole wheat-free thing better be worth it.
And, as always…
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!