I’ve been wanting to try out a Boscia BB cream for the longest time. It’s on the pricey end of things though, makeup-wise, and I’m cheap as hell. And there is NO WAY I will invest in something I’m not sure about. So, last week during a shopping adventure with my dear friend Vanessa (hi Vanessa) we stopped at Sephora and I caved. I asked the Adam Lambert lookalike employee for a sample. And so it was done.
I really dig the package design of Boscia products. Clean, fresh, and aesthetically pleasing. Much to my delight, they now offer the BB cream in LIGHT. And because we all know how light I am, I was positively giddy. They also offer it in BRONZE, which is not me at all, and of course the original.
UV Protection: SPF 27 PA++
Hydrating, firming, soothing
Repairs skin damage
Protects skin from future damage
Paraben, sulfate, and phthalate-free
For all skin types
3 available shades: original, light and bronze
This one-step wonder creates a lustrous, flawless finish as it hydrates, firms, and soothes the skin. Helps diminish the fine lines, and uneven skin tone while providing long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections. B.B. Cream Light is formulated for lighter skin tones. Self-adjusting shade for all skin types.
• A naturally-derived survival molecule from sea algae that shields against free radical damage as it helps to restore damaged skin
• Helps reinforce skin’s natural defense mechanisms against external aggressors
• Provides exceptional soothing benefits
• A natural oat derivative that supports skin’s natural defense mechanisms, provides essential moisture, and protects against environmental damage
• Promotes healthy skin renewal, promotes healing, reduces the discoloration of scars, and stimulates collagen production for firmer, younger-looking skin
• A powerful antioxidant derived from bearberry, helps brighten hyperpigmentation and reduces fine lines
• Antioxidant that calms, helps reduce hyperpigmentation, and minimizes the appearance of dark spots by helping inhibit melanin synthesis
• Supports the skin’s ability to attract and maintain moisture
• Provides physical, non-chemical and non-irritating broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection by
scattering UV light
• Helps to prevent free radical damage while nourishing the skin
• Helps to calm skin inflammation and reduce visible redness and irritation
What it is:
A long-wearing blemish balm that create a lustrous, flawless finish as it hydrates, firms, and soothes the skin.
What it is formulated to do:
- Oil-free botanical formula to promote skin elasticity and reduce the look of fine lines
- Features SPF 27 sun protection
- Comes in one universal lustrous shade
B.B. Cream is the ultimate multifunctional treatment. The gentle botanical formula creates a lustrous, flawless finish as it hydrates, firms, and soothes the skin. It helps to diminish the appearance of pores, fine lines, and uneven skintone while providing long-wearing, natural coverage that conceals imperfections. The self-adjusting shade warms to complement most skin tones for sheer, flawless coverage. Packed with antioxidants, B.B. Cream is designed to repair damage and protect skin from future damage without irritation.
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
What else you need to know:
Beauty Balms or B.B. Creams were originally developed as a perfect post-procedure cream used to treat, hydrate, prime, protect, and camouflage the skin. Great for all skin types including those with sensitive skin, these versatile “five-in-one” formulas are designed to do it all: treat with high levels of active skin care ingredients; moisturize and smooth dehydrated skin; prime and perfect skin’s surface; camouflage and color correct the skin tone; and protect skin from the sun with SPF. They can be used as a last step for their skincare benefits or used on their own as an instant beautifier.
The Light Boscia BB Cream is surely that–light. It looks a bit yellow-toned in this swatch, but it’s actually pretty pink, which works well with my skintone. It absorbs quickly and doesn’t feel heavy or greasy on the skin.
It’s also sparkly.
Can’t win ‘em all.
You can see the subtle shimmer on my hand, and you can see it on my face, too. It’s not a huge problem, as my powder covers it pretty well, but… why? Why, Boscia? I’m not part of the Twilight franchise.
Before/after. Don’t judge the redness of my face, I just got done extracting so my skin’s pissed.
I was really surprised by the coverage of this BB cream. Until I found out that Boscia is actually a Japanese company… I thought it was American, but it turns out it was introduced to the States in 2002. Oop. For a second I thought I actually found a decent American BB cream! Haha… as if.
So yes, it covers well. It is a bit shimmery, but nothing I can’t live with. The only issue I have is that there’s no oil control. I mean, it’s not something that it’s advertised for, but being oil-free I had higher expectations. Sadly, this doesn’t agree with my t-zone, but if you have dry or normal skin, I’d definitely recommend it.
Face of the day or whatever crap y’all beauty bloggers call it. Also… new glasses (with a super cool photo filter)! I’ve had the same frames since 2007 so this was a welcome change. I also got a pair of white frames but I’m not sure how much I like them yet…
Have you tried any of Boscia’s BB creams or their other products? I’d love to hear your take!
Pros: Good coverage, lightweight, quickly absorbed.
Cons: Not-so-good oil control, expensive ($38 USD/1.75oz), sparkly.
Final Verdict: As impressed as I am with the coverage of this BB cream, I’m undecided if I’ll purchase the full-size product. The sparkles are tolerable, but the oil control is lacking, and that’s a huge issue for me.
Don’t forget! One week left to enter my giveaway!